5 Computer and Posture Tips to Avoid Neck Pain Treatment
Computers and smartphones are an essential part of our everyday lives at this point.
Without taking a proactive approach to proper posture, however, prolonged smartphone and computer usage ultimately leads to chronic neck, shoulder, and upper neck pain. You may even notice numbness or tingling in your hands or arms.
How to Prevent Neck Pain While Sitting at Your Computer
Studies show that tilting your head downwards to look at a smartphone screen can add up to 60 additional pounds of pressure to your delicate spine. Sitting carries its own dangers by increasing your risk of heart disease.
Take charge of your health.
1. Posture: Keep your elbows bent at a 90-degree angle and your feet flat on the floor.
2. Workstation: Adjust your monitor to eye-level and use a desk you can adjust based on your height.
3. Stand: Special products make it easy to convert your desk into a standing desk for at least a portion of the day.
4. Get up: Stretch every 30 minutes.
5. Don’t look down: Hold your phone, tablet, or books at eye-level.
Experienced Neck Pain Treatment in Columbus, GA
The team of doctors at Brodwyn & Associates has over 60 years of combined experience treating patients of all ages for neck pain, professional sports injuries, and other musculoskeletal conditions.
Your doctor will evaluate your cervical spine by taking x-rays and understanding our medical history as well as current problems. Next, he will develop a personalized neck pain treatment program that heals your delicate vertebrae to improve your range of motion and reduce pain.
Your treatment plan may include a customized combination of spinal manipulation, physical therapy, home exercises, and posture tips to help you avoid future pain.
Don’t live another day suffering from neck pain. Schedule an appointment at Brodwyn & Associates in Columbus, GA to learn how to take charge of your health by calling 706-563-3370.